the United Arab Emirates University
Row number 23
Job Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Finance, with a focus on Fintech.
Job No. 351896
Sending number 2942
A full-time faculty member with the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor of Finance is required in the Department of Accounting and Finance (UAE University) with effect from January 2022. The candidate is expected to be actively involved in promoting the growth of the Finance and College of Business and Economics (CBE) program at the University The United Arab Emirates. The Accounting and Finance department has a good reputation in the field of accounting, finance, education and research in the United Arab Emirates and within the GCC and MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers in the field of accounting and financial thought. The department is part of the oldest and largest university in the UAE and is the only AACSB-accredited department for accounting in the GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge needed to navigate and provide leadership for the complex global business world; It helps them develop the skills needed to participate in society. Our faculty experts research a wide range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance, and society. Main Duties and Responsibilities The appointed candidate will be expected to:
• Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Finance (with a focus on Fintech).
• Engaging in innovative approaches to learning and teaching.
• Publish high quality research in leading financial journals.
• Participate in the supervision of research projects and/or undergraduate and graduate theses.
• Participation in committees at the department, college and university level as specified.
• Actively participate in promoting the growth of the United Arab Emirates University. • Performing administrative duties assigned by the department head. The application package should include a cover letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed CV, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/experience in finance, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instruction and communication in the Central Bank of Egypt. All inquiries about this position can be directed to Dr. Mayada Youssef (Mayada_@uaue.ac.ae), Head of Accounting and Finance Department.
A PhD in Finance from an internationally recognized university (preferably with a Fintech focus); • Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and results assessment. • Experience in teaching finance (especially financial technology) at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. • Demonstrated ability to publish in leading financial journals. • Proficiency in computer skills especially specialized Fintech software • Ability to communicate effectively in English • Very good interpersonal skills.
PhD degree in Finance (preferably majoring in Fintech and Islamic Finance). In addition, preference will be given to candidates with experience, strong research and potential for publication/tracking in Fintech (or related fields) such as blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, electronic payment, security and privacy issues in financial applications, computational and quantitative finance, and any related field. with financial technology. Industrial and professional experience an added advantage.
Skills / Rank / Expected Experience
Special instructions for the applicant
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
Faculty of Economics and Economics – (CBE)
Department of Accounting and Finance- (CBE)
Job closing date open until filled
Job Category Academic – Teaching Staff
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uaeu.ac.ae.